Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Predictive Modeling

In this module we performed predictive modelling of an area. The model was divided into three site categories, high, medium and low probability. These categories were based on slope and proximity to a waterway.

First I created a raster out of a mosaic of smaller rasters. Then I extrapolated elevation values for the area. I those values to determine slope steepness, and slope facing. In this case South facing slopes were more favorable to slopes facing other directions. Lastly I used a separate shapefile of streams and rivers in the area, created a buffer around it representing optimal settlement distance from the waterway. Lastly I combined the slope and waterway data to determine site probability in the area.

No comments:

Post a Comment